The section includes the following chapters:
10. Plant Nomenclature and Classification
11. Plant Structure
12. Plant Growth and Development
13. Plant Cold Hardiness and Winter Protection
November 30, -0001
- Chapter 10. Plant Nomenclature and Classification
A. Explain the need for a universal nomenclature system.
B. Describe the binomial nomenclature system.
C. Describe various systems for classification of plants.
- Chapter 11. Plant Structure
A. Describe various plant organs and how they are used as a basis for classifying plants.
B. Explain the structural differences between dicot and monocot stems.
C. Identify and describe the reproductive structures of plants.
D. Explain the functions of plant structures.
- Chapter 12. Plant Growth and Development
A. Describe specific growth processes – photosynthesis, respiration, transpiration, translocation, and absorption – and their roles in plant growth and development.
B. Identify and describe the stages of plant growth.
C. Explain the role of plant hormones in plant growth and development.
- Chapter 13. Plant Cold Hardiness and Winter Protection
A. Explain plant cold hardiness physiology.
B. Identify and describe the types of winter injury.
C. Describe production and cultural practices employed to avoid winter cold injury